- Dead heat rules come into play when two or more competitors finish a sports event with the same score or time.
- In golf, dead heat rules are applied when two or more golfers tie for first place at the end of a tournament.
- When dead heat rules are applied, the payout for bets on the tied golfers is calculated differently than if there were no tie.
- The odds of the tied golfers are averaged and the stake is divided by the number of tied golfers to calculate the payout.
- For example, if you bet $10 on Rory McIlroy to win a tournament at odds of 10-1 and he ties with Dustin Johnson, also at 10-1 odds, your payout would be calculated as follows:
- Payout = ($10 x 10 + $10 x 10) / 2 = $100 / 2 = $50
- So, in this scenario, you would receive a payout of $50, rather than the $100 you would have received if McIlroy had won outright.
- Dead heat rules are important to understand as they affect potential payouts, especially in sports like golf where ties are common.
Access our full library of FanDuel help articles for more information or read our detailed FanDuel review. You can also jump straight to our list of the best sportsbook promotions for your state.
Top Sportsbook Picks in Virginia