- Geolocation is required by law for online sportsbooks to verify the location of their users.
- The BetRivers app will use your device’s GPS location to verify that you are physically located in a state where online sports betting is legal.
- BetRivers (and other online sportsbooks) must be able to verify that you are in a state where they are legally allowed to operate.
- Geolocation is also used to ensure that you are not trying to access the app or website from outside the United States.
- BetRivers is only licensed to operate in certain states in the US, and they are required to prevent access to their platforms from other countries.
- To use the BetRivers app, you will need to enable location services on your device and grant the app permission to access your device’s GPS location.
- If you are having trouble with geolocation verification, you may need to move to an area with better GPS signal or check that location services are enabled on your device.
Access our full library of BetRivers help articles for more information or read our detailed BetRivers review. You can also jump straight to our list of the best sportsbook promotions for your state.
Top Sportsbook Picks in Virginia