- Dead heat rules are applied when two or more competitors finish a race or event in a tie.
- BetRivers will pay out winnings for each selection involved in the dead heat based on the original stake amount and the number of competitors who tied.
- For example, if you place a bet on a golfer to win a tournament and they tie with one other golfer for first place, your winnings will be divided by two.
- Dead heat rules may apply in a variety of sports, including horse racing, golf, and tennis.
- In horse racing, dead heat rules may apply to any position, including first place, second place, or even last place.
- Dead heat rules may also apply in certain proposition bets, such as whether two players in a golf tournament will finish with the same score.
It’s important to note that dead heat rules can vary by sportsbook, so it’s always a good idea to familiarize yourself with a particular sportsbook’s rules before placing a bet.