Whether you’re a seasoned bettor or a newcomer to sports betting, understanding the various betting options is essential. In this guide, we’ll explain what a Round Robin bet is and guide you through placing one using the BetMGM Sportsbook App.
What Is a Round Robin Bet?
A Round Robin bet in sports betting is a wager that involves creating multiple parlay bets using a selection of teams or outcomes. Parlays are bets that combine multiple selections into a single wager, with the condition that all selections must win for the bet to be successful. A Round Robin bet takes this concept further by generating multiple smaller parlays within a single bet.
Advantages of Round Robin Bets
Round Robin bets offer a strategic approach to sports betting, providing a balance between risk and reward. Here are some advantages:
- Risk Spread: By creating multiple smaller parlays, you spread your risk across different combinations of your selections.
- Increased Chances to Win: With Round Robin bets, you have more opportunities to win compared to a single parlay bet.
- Potential for Larger Payouts: If all your selections are correct, you can enjoy significant payouts due to the multiple parlays.
Understanding Round Robin Variations
In addition to the standard Round Robin bet, there are variations you can explore to suit your preferences:
- Round Robin with Singles: This version combines your Round Robin parlays with individual straight bets on each selection. It provides added flexibility and can mitigate losses if only some of your selections win.
- Round Robin with Fixed Bets: With this variation, you can choose to place the same fixed amount on each parlay generated in your Round Robin bet. It simplifies your betting strategy by maintaining consistent wager sizes.
- Round Robin Progressives: This option allows you to reinvest your winnings from one parlay into another, potentially leading to even larger payouts. It’s a more aggressive approach for bettors seeking substantial rewards.
By understanding these variations, you can tailor your Round Robin bets on BetMGM to align with your betting style and objectives, making your sports betting experience even more dynamic and engaging.
Placing a Round Robin Bet on BetMGM
Now, let’s walk you through the steps of placing a Round Robin bet on the BetMGM Sportsbook App:
Step 1: Find the events you want to place your Round-Robin on
Once you have the BetMGM Sportsbook App opened and are logged in, the first step is finding the events you want to place a Round-Robin bet on. You can search for the events by scrolling the home screen or using the A-Z Sports Menu.
In this video above, I’ll be creating a round robin with the Hurricanes on the puckline, the Maple Leafs moneyline, and the over in the Wild vs Blues game.
Step 2: Entering your wager
After selecting your round robin legs, the next step is to enter the amount you want to wager. You can do so by entering the amount in the bet slip. Make sure to select the round robins’ section at the top of the screen.
Before you place your bet, keep in mind that the amount entered will be multiplied by 3 for each bet within the round robin
Step 3: Place your bet
The third and final step to placing a Round-Robin bet is pressing the “place bet” button at the bottom of the screen
BetMGM Round Robin FAQ
What is the payout on a round robin bet at BetMGM?
When you select bets for a round robin at BetMGM, the bet slip will show the potential payout of each leg of the round robin. Be sure to carefully observe the payouts of each leg of a round robin before you send the bet through to the sportsbook.
Is a round robin a good bet at a sportsbook?
Round robin bets can yield larger payouts if multiple parlays within the bet are successful. However, the potential payout is not as high as hitting a single large parlay with all selections. You’ll need to weigh the potential for larger but not astronomical payouts against the increased investment.
What happens if one part of a round robin is a push?
For example, let’s say you place a four-team round robin, and one bet pushes. BetMGM will then grade the bet as a three-team round robin.
If a two-leg round robin has one push, the sportsbook will refeund the bet.